"You're not trying to draw a psycho pension! You really are crazy!"
Here is the now-OOP limited edition extended soundtrack for 1987's "Lethal Weapon," composed by the late, great Michael Kamen and Eric Clapton. You know the plot: aging, edge of retirement cop Roger Murtaugh (Danny Glover) is paired with psycho, reckless cop Martin Riggs (Mel Gibson), who has gained a death wish ever since the death of his wife in an auto accident (it's elaborated on more in the first sequel, but I don't want to spoil that for you). The two wind up having to tackle a drug smuggling operation headed by a general (Mitch Ryan)and his right-hand man (Gary Busey), and in which Roger's old Vietnam buddy (Tom Atkins) is reluctantly involved in.
This prototype of the buddy-cop genre is the first and the best. With a sax-heavy score (sax performed by David Sanborn) to back it uip, it gave it the edge to show that it was something different (at the time). Download and enjoy.
1. Meet Martin Riggs (05:19)
2. Amanda (03:05)
3. Suicide Attempt (02:21)
4. The Jumper/Rog & Riggs Confrontation (06:16)
5. Roger (03:59)
6. Coke Deal (04:16)
7. Mr. Joshua (04:03)
8. They Got My Daughter (01:02)
9. The Desert (07:42)
10. We're Getting To Old For This (Unused) (02:41)
11. Hollywood Blvd Chase (04:10)
12. The General's Car (01:40)
13. SOB Knows Where I Live (Orchestral Version) (01:14)
14. Yard Fight/Graveside (06:06)
15. The Weapon (Unused) (04:25)
16. Nightclub (Unused) (03:37)
17. Lethal Weapon (performed by Honeymoon Suite) (02:40)