Detective Mitchell's Junk Drawer

The random thoughts, ideas, and experiences of the title blogger, plus other things.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Albums: Part 1 of 2

Number one in a pair of Christmas music posts.


Yes, it's the Christmas album for nostalgists like me: the 1989 album "Merry, Meery Christmas" from the only tolerable boy band there was, New Kids on the Block. Hey, at least it's not a Marilyn Manson Christmas album (you may shudder.... now.). Since this isn't a soundtrack post, this will be relatively short. The music is actually quite gopod, with only one track being noticeably dated ("Funky, Funky Xmas") but the rest is pretty good Christmas music. How does a straight guy like me know about this? My sister was a huge NKOTB fanatic back in 1990, and she got this. We listened to this every year before we lost the cassette. It was a memorable album for me, and to me, it still holds up. Spread a little Christmas cheer with this one.

Tracks:
1. This One's for the Children
2. Last Night I Saw Santa Claus
3. I'll Be Missin' You Come Christmas (A Letter to Santa)
4. I Still Believe in Santa Claus
5. Merry, Merry Christmas
6. Christmas Song
7. Funky, Funky, Xmas
8. White Christmas
9. Little Drummer Boy
10. This One's for the Children (Reprise)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KQZNVXG2

Update: SOrry, but I won't be able to do part two, which was a compilatyion album, as I didn't have a lot of christmas music in my collection. Maybe next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sallie Neal said...

Wow- what a late Christmas present- I have been looking for this everywhere!!! I had the cassette tape as a child, but it got lost sometime in the past 15 years! Thanks again.

January 06, 2007 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home